ant-user mailing list archives

From "Broderick, Kevin" <kevin.broder...@iona.com>
Subject RE: redirecting output to console window
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:05:04 GMT
Hi,
To the best of my knowledge, if you omit the output attribute in the
exec task, the output will spool to the console by default.
Alternatively
you could let it output to a file and tail the file, that way
you have a record of your output and watch it execute, the best of both
worlds :)
regards
Kevin Broderick

-----Original Message-----
From: Emily Bache [mailto:emily.bache@astrakan.se]
Sent: 15 April 2002 10:44
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: redirecting output to console window

Hi,

This is my first post - I hope my question isn't too stupid. I did check
the
archives first :-)

Anyway, my question concerns the "exec" task. It has an attribute
"output"
which redirects the output from the executable to a file. How can I
instead
redirect the output to the console window which I am running ant in? The
executable I am running produces lots of status information, which it
would
be easier to keep track of if it appeared in the same window as I'm
running
ant from.

Thanks in advance,

Emily Bache