ant-user mailing list archives

From Sujan Digumarti <Sujan.Diguma...@india.techspan.com>
Subject RE: Recursive replacement of text
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 05:45:52 GMT

1) <include name="**/*.java"/>
means that it should look in the subdirecotries of ${src} as well

2) <include name="*.java"/>
This will not recurse into the subdirectories

If 1) is not working there is some other problem, please take a look at the
replace token
you've provided.

Rgds,
Sujan

-----Original Message-----
From: Somik Raha [mailto:somik@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 10:54 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Recursive replacement of text

Hi
    My Java files have a license header, which shows the version no of the
software. For every release, I'd like the version no automatically updated
with a value that I provide.
    To do this automatic recursive replacement (recursing thru
subdirectories), I am facing problems (still a newbie to ant).
    I am trying :

<target name="versionSource">
    <replace dir="${src}" value="v${version}">
        <include name="**/*.java"/>
        <replacetoken><![CDATA[v${previousVersion}]]></replacetoken>
    </replace>
</target>

Now I have two properties defined  - "version" and "previousVersion", which
I'd provide for a build.
The problem is  - how do I get this to recurse through all the
subdirectories under src ?

Also - is this the right approach for my task ?

Thanks in advance (sorry about the previous mail, went accidentally before I
completed - M$ outlook..)

Regards,
Somik