ant-user mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: Kawa / Ant
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:07:21 GMT

Ok, here's what I do.

Open Kawa, select Customize -> Command. A dialogue will open
Select new

Set:-
Type: Custom Command
Menu Name: Ant
Command: path_to_ant\bin\ant.bat (e.g. c:\mystuff\ant\bin\ant.bat)
Args: -buildfile <File Path>    (type this as is, <File Path> is an internal
kawa var)
Startup Dir path_to_ant\bin
Input/Output Redirect Output only to Build Window

Click Set Env button
Click New
Enter Name: ANT_HOME  Value: path_to_ant (e.g. c:\mystuff\ant)
Click Add
Click New
Enter Name: JAVA_HOME  Value: path_to_jdk (eg c:\mystuff\java)
Click Add
Click Close

Click options tab
Check Add command to Customize or plugin menu
Check Add command to File Item right button menu inproject tree
Check Add command only to files with ext (enter .xml in the box)

Click close

Now, open a Kawa project, find the build.xml right click and select Ant. Ant
should spring into life and run the default target. You can make kawa prompt
for a target by adding a ?Type Your Prompt Here? setting at the end of the
Args box on the custom commands form.

Easy eh?

Hope this helps.

Les