ant-user mailing list archives

From Jamie.Ech...@ubsw.com
Subject RE: setting a specific compiler
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:18:43 GMT
> > which suggests it's got the 1.4 tools and rt but is not starting the
> > 1.4 compiler...
>
> Yes, you are correct.  I thought Ant would use the user specified
> classpath when loading the compiler, but it doesn't (<rmic> does so,
> at least in the weblogic case).  Sorry for the confusion.

I've done what you suggested, that is having Ant run in the 1.3 VM, but with the path set
to pick up 1.4 javac. For JDK 1.3 runs,  it compiles without forking and for 1.4 it forks
and uses the external compiler. Does seem a bit risky but we don't seem to have anything else
relying on the path, so far so good.

thanks for the help,
jamie

> One thing I haven't tried is forking <javac> - in 1.4.1 Ant didn't try
> to be smart when searching for javac, it would use the javac that is
> in your PATH.  Setting your PATH so that the javac of JDK 1.4 would be
> used and using forked javac will probably work, but may break other
> tasks.
>
> Other than that <exec>ing a new instance of Ant is probably the only
> choice in 1.4.1.
>
> Stefan
>
> --

related financial instruments.