ant-user mailing list archives

From Jamie.Ech...@ubsw.com
Subject RE: setting a specific compiler
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:30:46 GMT
> > I would like my project to be compiled using the 1.4 JDK as opposed
> > to our regular 1.3.1 compiler under certain conditions, ideally when
> > a property is set. But from the archives I understand that I can't
> > do this til Ant 1.5.
>
> Use plain <javac> without forking, set includeantruntime and
> includejavaruntime to false, add tools.jar and rt.jar of JDK 1.4 to
> the classpath (or even bootclasspath).  I think this should work in
> Ant 1.4.1.

Thanks for that Stefan, although I appear to be doing something wrong still. One thing I find
confusing about particularly the <javac> task is that legal values for the attributes
aren't listed in the manual. You mention set includejavaruntime to false, but the docs indicate
that the value shd be "no". For other options it's either yes/no, on/off or true/false, and
I don't know how to be told whether i have an option wrong.

Anyway does this seem correct? It's not working... I've tried putting the tools.jar on both
cp and bcp, also tried forking on and off.

  <target name="compileAlternateJDK" depends="init" if="javac.AlternateJDK">
    <!-- Compile the java code from ${src} into ${build} -->
    <javac
      srcdir="${src.dir.java}"
      destdir="${dest.dir.javaclasses}"
      debug="true"
      deprecation="false"
      failonerror="${javac.failOnError}"
      includeJavaRuntime="false"
      includeAntRuntime="false"
      fork="no"

      <bootclasspath>
        <pathelement path="${javac.AlternateJDK}/lib/tools.jar"/>
        <pathelement path="${javac.AlternateJDK}/lib/rt.jar"/>
      </bootclasspath>
      <classpath refid="classpath"/>
    </javac>
  </target>