ant-user mailing list archives

From Ken Gentle <j.kenneth.gen...@acm.org>
Subject RE: GUI for Ant?
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 22:21:20 GMT
I believe ya'll are in violent agreement - there's just a matter of
degree.  At my last job (yeah, I'm currently looking...) the agreement was
that any IDE was OK to use, but before checkin the code had to build with
Ant.  We didn't have a "build-master" per-se, and the informal agreement
worked pretty well, all things considered.

Ant is the thing that allows the freedom to choose your own IDE, and I
believe that was Steve's point.

If we all had to depend on JBuilder for a production build, everyone would
have to use JBuilder.

         Ken