ant-user mailing list archives

From shanti <>
Subject C Make rule syntax for Ant?
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:47:13 GMT
I would like to use C-sytle Make rule syntax in Ant.  For instance:

.c.o: cc $! -o $$

but for my java code.  More specifically, I generate some java code
based on some text template files.  To generate the java code I run a
java program that uses the text template file as input.

Currently, the only solution I have thought of is to create a target,
call it generateCode, and then a a <java> command for each template file
that I want to generate source from.  Each <java> statement is the same
EXCEPT for the template file name.

It seems like a better solution would be to have a rule such as:

.tmplt .java: java genJavaCode $$

or something to that effect that just takes each template file and runs
the java class genJavaCode on the template file.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message