ant-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Coast <nathan.co...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject building tasks from other tasks
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:31:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on a taskdef which consists of a number of existing tasks and some
new code.  I could make a new taskdef just for the new code and achieve the
'macro' task by a combination of tasks in build.xml.  However, I'd prefer to
create a taskdef that performs the whole task.

Is it possible to call the code within one task from another, or am I going to
have to copy the relevant code from each of the subtasks into the code for the
macro task.

FYI, what I'm attempting is a task that performs a number of cvs tasks in one
go.  Specifically a 'noexec update' followed by parsing the output of the update
command to decide which files require merge / addition / checkin.

Cheers
Nathan