ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Coarr <mco...@mitre.org>
Subject classpath elements, properties, and interoperability
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 15:39:49 GMT
Hello,

I had been using a property to reference my classpath as a string value.
 So this was being used with the javac task and with the exec and execon
tasks (to call the ejbc command under the iplanet app server).

Then I tried to switch over to using the classpath element -- it's more
flexible, more readable, and just a better way to do it.  However I ran
into a problem.  How do I pass a value from a classpath element to an
external command or a task that isn't aware of classpath elements.  The
javac task includes the classpathref that makes this easy, but using
this value seems difficult/impossible with exec/execon.  Any
suggestions?  Perhaps there is a function that can be used to convert a
classpath element to a string value?? :-)

Matt