ant-user mailing list archives

From Drew Davidson <d...@eblox.com>
Subject Re: Modular Build Process
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:35:07 GMT
"Shoemaker, Michael (STL)" wrote:

> I currently have several ejbs that use different build.xml files.
>
> Id like to create a build.xml that in turn calls each of the ejb's build.xml
> and package each ejb jars inside an ear file.
>
> Is this possible using Ant?

Before Erik or Diane answer this I have to say:

Anything is possible with Ant.  That doesn't mean it's easy.

Kidding aside, look at the <ant> task for ways to call other build files.  You
can pass parameters to the other build file in the form of nested <property>
tags so you can make them build to a common location.

- Drew