ant-user mailing list archives

From Barry Jia <b...@brightspark.com>
Subject RE: Ant ftp task
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:47:45 GMT
Thanks, I do need netcomponents.jar.

 	Barry Jia
Brightspark
Tel:416-488-1999 ext.306
Email: bjia@brightspark.com <mailto:bjia@brightspark.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 5:32 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Ant ftp task

--- Barry Jia <bjia@brightspark.com> wrote:
> When I use ftp task, I got following error, actually I had put the
> ant-optional.jar into my CLASSPATH,and it is at the ${ANT_HOME}/lib dir,
> why I still got this prob.

You need netcomponents.jar as well (see the "Library Dependencies" table
in the "Installing Ant" section of the doc for the link). Ant1.5 has a
much better error message for undefined tasks, including mentioning
possible external-library dependencies.

FYI: So long as you're running Ant via the 'ant' wrapper-script, there's
no need to put anything that lives in ANT_HOME/lib into your CLASSPATH.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)