ant-user mailing list archives

From Barry Jia <b...@brightspark.com>
Subject RE: problem with cvs task
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 21:15:01 GMT
sometimes it caused by cvsRoot, did you set it properly ?
You use pserver for authentication, right?

 	Barry Jia
Brightspark
Tel:416-488-1999 ext.306
Email: bjia@brightspark.com <mailto:bjia@brightspark.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Salma Saad [mailto:ssaad@ecascabel.com]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 4:12 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: problem with cvs task

I am having a problem using the cvs task on a windows2000 machine. I am
simply trying to check out code. Here is a snippet from my ant file

 <target name = "checkOutForBuild">
 <mkdir dir="${build.dist}/src" />
 <cvs cvsRoot="${build.cvsRoot}"
       package="${build.cvsModule}"
       dest="${build.dist}/src}" />
 </target>

The error I get is:
C:\javaDev\projects\antFiles\prod.xml:28: java.io.IOException:
CreateProcess: cvs -d c:/cvs checkout com error=267
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Cvs.execute(Cvs.java:221)

 It seems that there is a problem with the "exec" call. I know this is more
a java/OS problem than an ant problem but has anyone else seen this? Any
idea what error=267 refers to? My cvs repository is on a windows machine and
maybe this happens because cvs for windows is not stable? Any ideas would be
very much appreciated.

Thanks
Salma Saad
Cascabel Incorporated

Phone:   773.235.1567
Web:     http://www.ecascabel.com
Address: 2007 N Oakley Chicago IL, 60647