ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Path, refid, <src>
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:35:39 GMT
--- Gurdev Parmar <gparmar@versant.com> wrote:
> From how I see at <src> tag, you have made it powerful
> enough to specify different source base directories. You see it
> just as an extension of srcdir attribute but I see it as an extension
> of srcdir and includes/excludes attributes which I think is more
> logical.

Not when you understand that the <javac> task "forms an implicit FileSet".
Note that for the <javac> task you could never do something like:
  <javac srcdir=".">
    <fileset ... uh, dir=".", again? -- oops ...

See? The 'srcdir' attribute and/or the nested <src> element is used to
specify the directory that would've been specified in a <fileset> 'dir'
attribute, thereby making it not only unnecessary but illegal to use a
<fileset> to specify the source files, and which is why you only specify
<include>/<exclude> (or 'includes[file]'/'excludes[file]') instead.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)