ant-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <davidjen...@directvinternet.com>
Subject Re: Path, refid, <src>
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:31:40 GMT
Here's a simple example:

src/main/org/davesejbs/file1.java, file2.java

file1 is copy/filtered to

output/gen-src/davesejbs/file1.java

I want to compile file1.java from output/gen-src and file2.java from
src/main.  As far as includes/excludes go, the 2 copies of file1.java are
indistinguishable, so if it was to work, the includes/excludes would have
to go in the src or fileset element, not outside the src elements:

<src dir="src/main">
  <excludes file="org/davesejbs/file1.java">
</src>
<src dir="output/gen-src"/>

conceptually works, but

<src dir="src/main"/>
<src dir="output/gen-src/>
<excludes ???????? />

doesn't work.  I can't pick which copy of file1.java I want.

Incidently, perhaps someone has an idea for how to avoid the whole mess in
the first place.  I have some wrapper classes that implement jdbc
interfaces that have to compile under both jdk 1.3 and 1.4 : the jdk1.4
specific methods have to delegate them to the same methods on the wrapped
classes.  I came up with the idea of using the copy with filter task to
replace tokens into the appropriate comment ends depending on which jdk is
present -- kind of a primitive #ifdef preprocessor.  I'd sure appreciate
knowing of some other alternatives.

Thanks
david jencks