ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to avoid to compile old java file?
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:13:22 GMT
--- Ying Wang <yingwang@hawaii.edu> wrote:
> 1. Our build will take 10 more mins. So when I change some java file, I
> want to rebuild project without recompile all the other old files. How
> to make it?

You don't need to do anything -- that's its default behaviour, to only
recompile source files that are out-of-date with their corresponding class
files.

> 2.The scope of properties: Can I override a property in same xml file?

You can, but only by devious means, and doing it that way is heavily
discouraged.

> How about override in different xml file when using <ant>.

Yes -- either include a nested <property> element in your <ant> task, or
set 'inheritAll="false"' and define the property via the <property> task
in the other build file.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)