ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Trying to delete files not under source control
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:07:31 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
> Since I'm ignorant of JavaScript, I wonder the difference,
> if any, between the two constructs below?
>
> filelist = filelist + filename;
> filelist = filelist.concat(',');
>
> Could it have been too:
>
> filelist = filelist.concat(filename);
> filelist = filelist + ',';
>
> Is it the same kind of things than in Java with:
>
> filelistString = filelistString + filename;
> filelistStringBuffer.append(filename);
>
> where the second form is more efficient.

Ha! -- I've got rats in mohair suits (AKA: squirrels) opening up a
timeshare condominum complex in my rafters, and you're asking me about
Javascript internals??  I couldn't even begin to tell you (even if I
wasn't slightly insane at the moment), since I don't really know
Javascript -- never used it until the first one I wrote for this list. I
just did it the way I did because that seemed most readable to me (ie.,
you're adding names to the list of files, and tacking on a comma if
there's more yet to come).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)