ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant ftp task
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:32:13 GMT
--- Barry Jia <bjia@brightspark.com> wrote:
> When I use ftp task, I got following error, actually I had put the
> ant-optional.jar into my CLASSPATH,and it is at the ${ANT_HOME}/lib dir,
> why I still got this prob.

You need netcomponents.jar as well (see the "Library Dependencies" table
in the "Installing Ant" section of the doc for the link). Ant1.5 has a
much better error message for undefined tasks, including mentioning
possible external-library dependencies.

FYI: So long as you're running Ant via the 'ant' wrapper-script, there's
no need to put anything that lives in ANT_HOME/lib into your CLASSPATH.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)