ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: auto dependency generation?
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:10:30 GMT
--- kenyee@keysolutions.com wrote:
> Is there a simple way to generate a dependency file for
> inclusion into build.xml?

There's the <depend> task, but it works once the class files are all
compiled (since it uses them to determine the dependencies).

> I have several .java files in a com.blah.blah package (in a
> directory).  One of the files is an Interface that one of the
> other files uses.  Ant chose to compile the non-Interface
> file first, so it can't get the .class file for the Interface
> file because it hasn't compiled it yet :-P

But won't the Java compiler go compile whatever it needs whenever it needs
it? Does the Interface source file live in some subdir down from the dir
specified in 'srcdir'?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)