ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: I want to specify no -g flags to javac
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 02:47:19 GMT
--- "TAKAHASHI Hideo(BSD-M1G)" <> wrote:
> No -g flags is an alias to -g:source,lines and is helpful for trouble
> shooting, without revealing the variable information.  We want to use
> this for production build.
> -g is an alias to -g:source,lines,vars and is helpful for use with a
> debugger.  This is OK for a development phase build.

1.5alpha's <javac> has a new attribute, 'debuglevel' -- so you can now do:

(Of course, you probably wouldn't want to hard-code in the debug and
debuglevel value, but reference properties instead, so you can switch
their values according to what type of build you're running.)

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message