ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: javac and fileset
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 02:56:11 GMT
--- Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> Both are very much "path-like" (why the "like"?) structures.  Neither
> are equivalent to the dir attribute of <fileset>.

>From the <javac> page:
  This task forms an implicit FileSet and supports all attributes of
  <fileset> (dir becomes srcdir)

> Sure, you can specify a dir, but also two, three, or more directories
> also.
>     srcdir="path1;path2;path3"

Right -- that was my example in my previous post (except I only had two :)

>     <src>
>       <pathelement .../>
>       <fileset refid="..."/>
>     </src>

But you can't use a <fileset>, because <src> (and 'srcdir') only accepts
directories, and <fileset> only returns files. Now that there's a
<dirset>, you should be able to use that -- but, since the original poster
was trying to reuse a set of files, that's not really going to do what he
was looking to do (nothing using <src> or 'srcdir' would, as far as I can
see anyway).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)