ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: javac and fileset
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 23:45:26 GMT
--- Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
> > I figured that since <src> is described as being a path-like
> > structure, it would accept my use of the <path> element with the
> > nested <fileset>, but perhaps not.
>
> the <src> nested element in <javac> is probably a fileset, so you should
> be able to work with it

Actually, I think <src> is equivalent to 'srcdir', which means it'd be
equivalent to the 'dir' attr of <fileset>, so I think it'd probably barf
if you tried to nest a <fileset> element under it.

I suspect the documentation is a bit misleading -- while it's true that
'srcdir' can take something like "my/srcdir1:my/srcdir2:" and <src> can
take:
 <src path="my/srcdir1"/>
 <src path="my/srcdir2"/>
I think that's about as far as it goes towards being a "path-like
structure". (If I'm wrong about this, someone please correct me.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)