ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: problem with cvs task
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 22:20:04 GMT
--- Salma Saad <ssaad@ecascabel.com> wrote:
> The c:/cvs is because I am using CYGWIN to run ant so I can use
> everything UNIX on my windows box. I think the / is okay because its
> fine for all the hundreds of other properties I am setting in my ant
> scripts.

Right, you should, theoretically, be able to do that and every task will
be happy, but you may be bumping up against a bug.

Just for kicks just try setting your build.cvsRoot property in your build
file, using the 'location' attribute. Then run Ant with -verbose again on
that target to see if the directory has the right form for Win*, and
whether that clears up the problem. If it was the problem, then we know we
need to fix the <cvs> task, and you can go back to not having to define it
specifically for Win*. If doing that doesn't have any effect and you still
get the error, then we've at least eliminated that possibility.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)