ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Erion <>
Subject javac and fileset
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 19:53:15 GMT
Is it possible to use a file set (referenced via an id) to specify the
files to be compiled by javac?  The following is what I have ...

    <path id="compile.source">
        <fileset dir="${source.home}">
            <include name="**/*.java" />
            <exclude name="" />

    <target name="build">
        <javac  destdir="${output.home}">
            <classpath refid="compile.classpath" />
            <src refid="compile.source" />

and the error I get is (with some of my directory structure stripped

    c:\Projects\Foo\build.xml:86: C:\Projects\src\ is not a

I'm using Ant 1.4.1 and JDK 1.3.1_02 on WinXP Pro

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s., Searching the archives I came across a post by T Master (August
22, 2001) claiming to be doing just what I want, and the sample code
provided is almost exactly what I'm using ... hopefully this means I'm
just being brain dead in some fashion.

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>