ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hatton <chris0hat...@yahoo.com>
Subject Running a server in a separate JVM
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 23:33:55 GMT
I'm attempting to use ant to start/stop Tomcat 4.0 to
improve the turn around time on testing my server side
code.

I have been using the following target to start
Tomcat...

	<target name="Start_Tomcat" description="Starts the
server">
	    <exec dir="${JAVA_HOME}\bin" executable="java">
		<arg line="-jar -Duser.dir=${TOMCAT_HOME}
${TOMCAT_HOME}\bin\bootstrap.jar start"/>
	    </exec>
	</target>

However, this process blocks until Tomcat exits.  Does
anyone know of a way I can run this in a separate JVM,
so that ant will return from this target before I kill
Tomcat?

Thanks in advance!

Chris Hatton
Software Engineer