ant-user mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Javac Task(Urgent Help)
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:03:14 GMT
> But I have tried with failonerror="no" in javac task. It seems that
> after one of the compilation error for one class , it does not compile
> other classes which are not depend upon the failed class.

failonerror prevents that build execution from stopping.  It does not
continue
the compilaton.

> Actually in my project there are 700 classes. After compilation of
> classes , the next task is to make different jar files for certain
> group of packages. At the time of build one of the class failed
> compilation error. After build I found the jar files does not contain
> anything. Then I saw the stage directory for number of classes, I found
> that it did not compile other classes which are not dependant on.

I think your build file could be constructed in a better manner.  You
could
compile sub sets of the classes (I usually either have a separate build
file
per package or a separate compilation target per package to avoid cyclic
dependencies).

Why do you want the other classes to compile if the other one fails?  Is
it not better to fix the compilation error and re run the build?

-John K