ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ilya Lipkind" <ilipk...@talaris.com>
Subject RE: Ant/javac ignores previously uncompiled files
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:36:02 GMT
Stephan,

thank you for your response.

> Can ant -verbose help you?  It will tell you which files it considers
> for compileation and which are dropped.

verbose helped me, so I have a better idea what is happening now.
I have roughly the following dependancy graph among tagets:

prepare -> platform-> util -> core -> all other targets

what I found happening is that changing/removing file in util,prepare and platform targets
gets noticed by Ant and it rebuilds respective files, also displaying "file uptodate" for
each file in that target's filelist

However it ignores any changes in core and all above tagets in the graph, and never displays
"file uptodate" for any of the files in the filelists for those targets.  I spent more 2 hours
on this, and I cannot understand hat is going on - all tatgets are straight javac tasks and
all filelists are similar.  I see no difference between targets Ant handles correctly and
ones it does not except for their place in dependancy hierarchy.

I definetly ruled out file not being liste in filelists and timestamp version.
If you have any ideas for me to try, I'll really appreciate it

thanks for your time,

- Ilya

P.S. Below is relavant snipet from build.xml

  <target name="compile.util" depends="prepare, platform.weblogic, platform.iplanet">
    <javac srcdir="${src}"
           destdir="${build.classesdir}"
	   classpath="${build.classpath}"
	   includesfile="./util.filelist"