ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Problem in specifying dependencies
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 20:55:40 GMT
I am afraid that you have some fundamental misconceptions about ant
dependencies versus make. Ant is not make in an XML format, and it does all
this stuff automatically.

Before you continue with this migration exercise, go read any and all of the
introductory ant documents listed off the web site; these all explain
concepts that you urgently need to know about.

-steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Abhay Kulkarni" <abhayk@pune.tcs.co.in>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 11:15 AM
Subject: Problem in specifying dependencies

hi!!!!

i've make file like this i want to convert it to xml

OWN=${JAVADIR}\Company.class\
          ${JAVADIR}\Item.class

test    :    OWN

${JAVADIR}\Company.class    : ${CLASSDIR}\Company.java

${JAVADIR}\Item.class    :    ${CLASSDIR}\Item.java

 i've set my peoperties in XML file like this
<property name="OWN" value="${JAVADIR}\Company.java"/>
  <property name="OWN" value="${JAVADIR}\Item.java"/>

can i set property like this

because i want to write a target like

<target name="new" depends="OWN">
</target>

i want to find the way in which i can achieve my purpose otherwise i'll have
to write all the class file names in the dependency list

Regards,
Abhay.