ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: GUI for Ant?
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:17:01 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <stephane.bailliez@haht.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 4:39 AM
Subject: RE: GUI for Ant?

> Oh I know this IDEA pattern. Same happened in my company after people saw
me
> using IDEA. :)

yeah, it is funny. IBM and Sun are pushing loss making IDEs at the
developers for their strategic ends, open source tools like Jedit are simply
marvellous too, and then someone comes along and shows that there is still
an IDE worth paying for in pure productivity terms.

I wonder how much ant has helped to recreate the concept that an IDE is an
individual preference; if all of them run Ant then each person in the team
can use whichever one they want...we have lowered the barrier for switching
IDEs.

Course, we have locked them in to ant...