ant-user mailing list archives

From John Niven <John.Ni...@marcat.com>
Subject Ant Task to compact HTML/JSP?
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 11:14:00 GMT
Ant-users,

<long-time lurker, first-time poster...>

Does anyone know of/have an ant task that strips white-space, for example
out of HTML/JSP files?  The context for this is that I have a distributed
Tomcat web-app that runs over a WAN.  There's limited bandwidth over certain
parts of the WAN, and I'd like to compact the generated HTML as much as
possible.  In particular, I'd like to retain well-formatted pages, but
compact it prior to deploying the web-app.

I've started writing a basic task myself, but I'd naturally like to avoid
the work if possible!

Any takers?

Cheers
John