ant-user mailing list archives

From "Gurdev Parmar" <gpar...@versant.com>
Subject Re: Path, refid, <src>
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:08:51 GMT
> What makes you think I think that? I certainly never said I did, nor did I
> say that <path>'s can't include files -- they just need files that are
> *meaningful* to something that's asking for a path-type element. If the
> path-type element is specifying a classpath, then the <path> being
> referenced should include names of directories where class files can be
> found and/or names of archive-type files where class files can be found,
> because that's what's meaningful in a classpath. If the path-type element
> is specifying directories in which to search for source files, such as the
> include names of directories, since that's what's meaningful to it.

Sorry. I read too much into what you said.

>From how I see at <src> tag, you have made it powerful
enough to specify different source base directories. You see it
just as an extension of srcdir attribute but I see it as an extension
of srcdir and includes/excludes attributes which I think is more
logical. Why not make it take <fileset> tags which specify the
source files too. Why have different <include>/<exclude> tags
apart from the <src> tag?

Thanks for your attention,
Gurdev.