ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Running a server in a separate JVM
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 21:02:30 GMT
Hi Chris,

No, you don't have to use Cactus if you're only looking to use its
<runservertests> task. It is bundled in a separate jar named
cactus-ant.jar. You simply need to copy this jar in your anthome/lib
directory and you can start to use it (it is found in the cactus
distribution under lib/).

Ex:

<runservertests testURL="http://localhost:8080/test"
        startTarget="start_tomcat"
        stopTarget="stop_tomcat"
        testTarget="run_tests"/>

You'll need to define the ant task beforehand :

<taskdef name="runservertests"
classname="org.apache.cactus.ant.RunServerTestsTask"/>

You can also look at the build-*.xml files in the Cactus distribution
sample/build directory. It shows how to start and stop several
application servers.

Hope it helps.
-Vincent