ant-user mailing list archives

From "Somik Raha" <so...@yahoo.com>
Subject Recursive replacement of text
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 05:23:48 GMT
Hi
    My Java files have a license header, which shows the version no of the
software. For every release, I'd like the version no automatically updated
with a value that I provide.
    To do this automatic recursive replacement (recursing thru
subdirectories), I am facing problems (still a newbie to ant).
    I am trying :

<target name="versionSource">
    <replace dir="${src}" value="v${version}">
        <include name="**/*.java"/>
        <replacetoken><![CDATA[v${previousVersion}]]></replacetoken>
    </replace>
</target>

Now I have two properties defined  - "version" and "previousVersion", which
I'd provide for a build.
The problem is  - how do I get this to recurse through all the
subdirectories under src ?

Also - is this the right approach for my task ?

Thanks in advance (sorry about the previous mail, went accidentally before I
completed - M$ outlook..)

Regards,
Somik