ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Build 200 entity beans
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 00:24:40 GMT
Have you looked at the optional <ejbjar> task?  It should do what you want,
I believe.  Although why build an EJB JAR for each entity bean rather than
put them altogether into one?

    Erik

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Lindwall" <JLindwall@Xifin.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 7:48 PM
Subject: Build 200 entity beans

> Our build.xml script needs to build ejb jar files for 200 individual
entity beans.  What is the best way to encode this in a build.xml file.  I
shudder to think of creating 200 individual targets.

> I can see creating a generic target to perform the processing (mkdir, copy
xml files, run ejbc, etc) but then I still need 200 <antcall> invocations to
process all the entity beans.

> I find myself wanting to say "foreach dir in com\beans\* call the
entity-bean-build target".  Then I only need a  single entity-bean-build
target and I can add/remove subdirs in the source tree and the build will
automatically pick thme up.  Is this a viable idea or is there some bettter
idea.