ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Lecza" <mle...@newnetco.com>
Subject Ant from Cron problem
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:05:05 GMT
This may be more of a cron issue than an Ant issue – but sure many of
you have done this.  Perhaps you can help.

I setup cron that calls a script that looks something like this:

#!/bin/sh

echo !!!!
echo $ANT_HOME
$ANT_HOME/bin/ant -logfile /export/programs/backups/antoutput -buildfile
/export/programs/backups/build-backups.xml
echo !!!!

In the crontab I have:
31 * * * * root  /export/programs/backups/backup.sh
>>/export/programs/backups/cronoutput

The buildfile simply does some echos and creates a directory.
When I run the script from the cmd line it runs just fine (creating the
output file and the directory).  When cron runs the script the antoutput
fille is not even created and the directory is not either.  It is almost
as if the ant command is ignored.  Here is the contents of cronoutput
after cron runs the script

Any Ideas?

Regards