ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Jensen" <>
Subject How to use literal property access string?
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 21:42:20 GMT

There is a situation where I want to use "${}" instead of
the value it stands for.  How do I tell Ant to not interpret it?

For example, I want
     <property name="theproperty" value="thevalue" />
    <echo message="${theproperty}" />
to say ${theproperty} instead of "thevalue".

This works when the property was never set.  I understand that
"unsetting" a property is a feature that Ant does not have.

I know that a <param> in an <antcall> overrides a property of the same
name, but I don't think there is a magic value to set it to for the
called target to think it is not set.

I know that using inheritAll="false" on <antcall> does exactly what I
want, except for all properties.

Is there an "escape code" or other such thing to specify a literal
string vs interpreting it?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message