ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Property not substituting value in telnet task
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:57:19 GMT
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Steve Loughran <> wrote:

> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <>

>> <telnet> simply doesn't expand properties in nested text, but it
>> should do so for attributes.
> aah, that explains the outstanding bugrep on this subject. We either
> need to doc this or tweak it so that it does expand properties in
> nested text.

How many people may rely on $ being $ in nested text?  If we tweak it,
things like

<write>export PATH=$PATH:$ANT_HOME/bin</write>

will be broken.  So, even though changing the handling for nested text
seems the better option, it would be dangerous.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message