ant-user mailing list archives

From stephan beal <>
Subject Re: AntCall vs depends style question
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 15:49:35 GMT
On Saturday 23 March 2002 00:53, John Lindwall wrote:
> So I guess I'm just looking for best practice advice here.  Do people avoid
> antcall?  Use it a lot? As needed?  I dislike the reinvocation of the
> "init" target but don't know how else to build a reusable target that can
> be invoked at oher points in the build file (with  varying properties as
> arguments).

i had this same problem, but i was overusing antcall considerable. i worked
around the init-called-too-often with this:

<target name="init" unless='init.alreadydone'>
  <property name='init.alreadydone' value='true'/>

"All them women gonna make me teach 'em what they don't know how.
I'm going to Jackson." -- Johnny Cash

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message