ant-user mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@einsurance.de>
Subject Re: About use of <java>
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:20:45 GMT
On Tuesday 19 March 2002 16:23 pm, you wrote:
> When I ran "ant run" my application outputs the lines its supposed to
> do, but it doesn't receive any input from the keyboard (In stead when I
> run the application stand-alone it does work)

ant takes control of stdin/stdout, so you cannot read from stdin when running
a task from ant. i read today that that is a concern they expect to deal with
(or at least think about) in ant2.

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"I ain't gen'rally given to physicality of that nature but it saves
a lot of arguing." -- Nanny Ogg