ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ylan Segal" <y...@digiworks.tv>
Subject ant 1.5alpha - For what it's worth
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:31:49 GMT
To the ant community:

For what it is worth, I downloaded the current snapshot of ant (using cvs),
built it and tried to use it against my current build files to get an idea
of what will happen once the 1.5 version is released.

Here are my experiences:

* The building process was surprisingly easy! After reading the short
documentation on building ant (in the manual) it was a snap.
* I used the just-built version of ant and ran a bunch of different build
files that I have on my computer:
	- There where warning in the jar task, however the jar created was
sucessful and worked ok.
      [jar] DEPRECATED - The jarfile attribute is deprecated. Use destfile
attribute instead.
	- I had to rebuild ant because the first time I did not make the jars that
junitreport depends upon available, so junitreport was not included in the
optional.jar. This did not take long.
* Other than that, I everything worked great. No broken build or anything.

And as far as I can se, <isset> is a great addition to <condition>, as it
makes my build files more readable. (I used a trick submitted with <equals>
suggested by Diane Holt a long time ago).

So... keep up the good work. Also, the changes in the manual (as far as I
can tell) are really great.

Ylan Segal.