ant-user mailing list archives

From "Guthrie, John" <JGuth...@air.org>
Subject Ant design question(s) - #1
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:11:02 GMT
I am converting some old makefile-based builds to ant and I have a couple of
design questions... here's the first

Best to explain by example. I have a root directory, underneath which are
two subdirs, one for java and one for native code. I have 3 separate
build.xml files, one in each directory. The way I have written it now, the
root-level build.xml sets some environment variables that the subdir
build.xml's use (e.g. destination directory). I figure this is good because
these are defined in only one place. But it's bad because the two
build.xml's in the subdirectories are not standalone - they have to be run
through the main build.xml else there are undefined variables.
  So the question is, is there a smarter way to do this?

thnaks!