ant-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Callaghan" <greg_callag...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to incorporate "idlj" in my ANT xml ???
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:38:42 GMT
Hi,

We're starting up with ANT here.  Part of the build process is to -:

(1) create TEMP directory (will be deleted with CLEAN)
(2) compile IDL from IDL to TEMP/SRC (using "idlj")
(3) copy other source from SRC to TEMP/SRC
(4) compile all source in TEMP to BUILD

We of course we like to make the process cover not performing step 2 unless
idl files have changed, ideally on a per IDL file basis.

Q1 - Does anyone know of a custom task for "idlj" that may be just
     around the corner?

Q2 - If the answer to Q1 is no, what is the suggested ANT method of
     implementing this?

Q3 - I do have an approach (see XML below) which works in terms
     of only recompiling IDL if one of the IDL files is updated
     HOWEVER the problem is after a CLEAN the "idlcheck" target
     doesn't work properly as there isn't the target area to check
     for the <uptodate> tag.
     Any suggestions in terms of how to incorporate condition
     logic here to address this?

  <!-- -------------------------------------- -->
  <target name="idlcheck" >
    <uptodate property="idl.required"
                 targetfile="${dir.idl}/xxxx.idl">
      <srcfiles dir="${temp.home}/src/xxx/yyy"/>
    </uptodate>
  </target>
  <!-- -------------------------------------- -->
  <target name="idl" depends="prepare" description="Compile IDL">
      PUT IDL COMPILE USING EXEC HERE.EG.
      <exec executable="idlj" failonerror="true" >
        <arg value="-pkgPrefix"/>
        <arg value="XMLError"/>
        <arg value="xxx/yyy/zzz"/>
	<arg value="-i"/>
	<arg value="${dir.idl}"/>
	<arg value="-td"/>
	<arg value="${dir.idl.generated}"/>
	<arg value="-fclient"/>
	<arg value="${dir.idl}/xxxx.idl"/>
    </exec>
  </target>
  <target name="compile" depends="prepare, idl"
   description="Compile Java sources">
      PUT COMPILE LINES HERE

  </target>

Regards