ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anurag Govil" <anu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Use of source argument for javac with jikes.
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
The latest version of jikes (the CVS snapshot) allows the use of the -source
argument in order to be able to compile java 1.4 files. However ant's javac
task only recognizes the source attribute for the "modern" and not the jikes
compiler.

Fixing this problem involves a very small delta in the
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.Jikes class, to set it up the same
way as the modern compiler. Will this functionality eventually make it into
ant? I can of course post the diff privately if you email me at the address
below, cutting out the nospam.

Thanks

Anurag

Reply to agovil8902@nospacespam.rogers.com