ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Cody <paul.c...@lucida.com>
Subject RE: Using Main-Class and Class-Path in a manifest file
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:48:08 GMT

> I can't confirm that Class-Path is needed first, but I can
> confirm that
> ant 1.4.1 scrambles the order of entries in the Manifest. This has
> caused me problems to such a degree, that I just went back to
> using ant
> 1.3. I posted a message about it a few days ago, I didn't get a
> response, and haven't had time to get back to it.
>
> The bug seems to be that ant rearranges.
>
> Richard

I certainly agree that ant should maintain the ordering given to it.  The
fix would be to just use a Vector rather than a Hashtable.  Attribute
lookups within a Section would be barely slower, but since this is such a
rare operation and since the number of attributes within a section is always
small, even linear search is perfectly appropriate.

Paul