ant-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bernard <ebern...@digitalthink.com>
Subject RE: Ant 1.4.1 ejbjar and EJB 2.0 local interfaces
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:59:55 GMT
Conor-

Just to let you know, I did download and install Ant 1.5alpha to take
advantage of the super  class lookup available in <ejbjar>.  This definitely
makes a difference for my particular project I'm supporting!  It includes
all the necessary support classes I wanted originally without having to use
the nested <support> element.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Cheers!
Eddie

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 2:58 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Ant 1.4.1 ejbjar and EJB 2.0 local interfaces

Philip,

> From: Philip Aston [mailto:philipa@mail.com]
>
> Chaps,
>
> I just saw your discussion of this issue on ant-user (a couple of
> weeks back now).
>
> I'm faced with the same problem on a largish project. Can't risk 1.5
> alpha, so I'm going to have to hack a patch to 1.4.1 just to
> auto-include things specified as <local>, <local-home>. Should be
> straight forward enough. Has anyone else already done this?

Check this out - it should be all you need to do

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/
taskdefs/optional/ejb/DescriptorHandler.java.diff?r1=1.15&r2=1.16&diff_forma
t=h

(You'll need to reconstruct the link)

> BTW, I agree with Eddie's preference for "minimal" EJB jars.

I'm working on some changes to ejbjar in this area now.

Conor