ant-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bernard <ebern...@digitalthink.com>
Subject RE: How obtain the number of files in a fileset ?
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 08:29:29 GMT
Not sure if this is the right course of action, but take a look at the
source for the <javac> task, Javac.java.  In particular look at the scanDir
method.  I think this might be leveraged to perform what you're looking for.
Unfortunately, it does not set any property, but I'm sure you can ,make it
do so, or perhaps create a new task that can do this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gareth Thorburn [mailto:gareth.thorburn@db.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 12:00 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How obtain the number of files in a fileset ?

Hi,

I'ld quite like to have a target which simply produces a count of the
number of .java files in my project.

Ideally, this would be a simple 'count' task which takes a
fileset,patternset
or something similar to the javac task and then sets a property value to the
result. I'ld like then to be able to echo out some text displaying this
value.

The echo requirement is because I have a large build involving many
subprojects
and generally run ant with the -quiet option, to provide neater more compact
output.

I've seen previous posts which have found a solution using OS specific
calls but I'm not going to go down that route.

Any ideas ?

Gareth

e-mail is strictly forbidden.