ant-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bernard <ebern...@digitalthink.com>
Subject RE: Stopping rebuild of Jar file?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:03:40 GMT
I'm doing something similar with war and ear files.  Have you tried using
the "update" attribute in <jar>?  This works for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gwyn Evans [mailto:gwyn@jdev.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 9:55 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Stopping rebuild of Jar file?

 I've got a set of targets that compile, then build a jar file.

 What I'd like to do would be to use the <propertyfile> task and the
<manifest> attribute of the <jar> task to add a build-number to the
Manifest.mf file, but my problem is that when I do this, the jar is
rebuilt every time, because, of course, the Manifest's changed!

  Has anyone done anything similar and have any pointers as to the
best way to avoid this?

  It might be simplest to just forget about build numbers on a per-jar
basis and have one covering the whole project, but I thought I'd ask
for suggestions first!

Gwyn
--
mailto:gwyn@jdev.co.uk