ant-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bernard <ebern...@digitalthink.com>
Subject RE: Class-Path entry in Manifest not working
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 19:34:04 GMT
I had to deal with the same problem recently and also made the same
assumptions you made as well.

I'm deploying in a WLS 6.1 environment and the Class-Path attribute does
work for me. I too have a value path that is longer than 72 characters.  It
turns out that even though the lines get split at the 72nd character, the
classloader is able to resolve it properly.

Judging from your snippet, it seems that you're only setting this for the
JAR context.  I think you also need to do this for the EAR manifest as well.

HTH!
Eddie

-----Original Message-----
From: B Manikandan [mailto:manikandan.balasubramanian@wipro.com]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 10:18 AM
To: ant user
Subject: Class-Path entry in Manifest not working

Hi,
    I have an EAR file where third-party JAR files are stored under
"lib" folder.
    Each EJB has a Class-Path reference in Manifest using a JAR manifest
task.
    But it is not able to resolve the Class-Path as the class path is
exceeding the 72 char limit as suggested in an earlier mail.

    My build snippet is :

       <jar jarfile="${useraccess.lib}/useraccess.jar" update="true">
        <manifest>
            <attribute name="Class-Path" value="lib/log4j.jar
lib/commons-collections.jar lib/commons-beanutils.jar
lib/jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar lib/commons-digester.jar"/>
        </manifest>
 </jar>

I tried by counting characters and splitting it at 71st character.But
still my classpath is not getting resolved.Iam deploying my EAR in
WebLogic 6.0.

TIA,
Mani