ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: javadoc get confused by java package running jsdk-1.4
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:16:00 GMT
> Building javadoc is OK with jsdk 1.3.1, but fails with 1.4.0,
> due to javadoc
> confusing package named java with source files.

I'm not entirely surprised - given that JavaDoc takes the names of packages, source files
or class files, if you've got a package named foo.java, it seems reasonable for JavaDoc to
think you might actually be talking about a source file called foo.java.

Whether or not this is a bug in JavaDoc and/or Ant, I suspect the *best* solution for you
is to rename your packages - I would imagine you could end up with problems like this in other
situations too.

(It's like having a class named Foo in a package named Foo - there *should* be ways to get
things to work with that structure, but it's best to avoid it in the first place.)

Jon