ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: javadocs broken
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:09:29 GMT
> Im using ant 1.4.1, using the javadocs target on the
> xerces2.0.1 build.
>
> running with debug flag gives the command line argument as:
>
> javadoc.exe -d
> D:\justin\java\xerces-2_0_1\build\docs\javadocs\api -windowtitle "XML
> Standard API" -locale en_US -doctitle "XML Standard API"
> -bottom "Copyright
> © 1999-2001 Apache XML Project. All Rights Reserved." -classpath
> C:\j2sdk1.4.0-rc\lib\tools.jar;D:\ant\lib\JAXP.JAR;D:\ant\lib\
> ANT.JAR -sourc
> epath D:\justin\java\xerces-2_0_1\build\src -version -author
> javax.xml.parsers org.w3c.dom org.w3c.dom.html org.w3c.dom.events
> org.w3c.dom.ranges org.w3c.dom.traversal org.xml.sax
> org.xml.sax.helpers
> org.xml.sax.ext
>
> It then gives this error message:
>
> javadoc: option -locale must be first on the command line.
> and then gives all the options available for the javadoc tool.

Hmm. I don't know if the order in which attributes are used is defined. If -locale needs to
go first, we should put it there - but it's a bit of a pain :(

One suggestion is that we could *always* have the locale option, add a dummy option and remember
the CommandLine.Argument reference returned by createArgument, then fill in the data later.

This is only likely to be fixed in 1.5 though - I suggest that if you don't want to use the
nightly builds, you could try experimenting with changing the attribute order in build.xml.

Jon