ant-user mailing list archives

From "Hensley, Richard" <Richard.Hens...@McKesson.com>
Subject jar task and manifest files in ant 1.4.1
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:36:01 GMT
Hello,

I'm using the jar ant task, and it seems to be scrambling the lines in
my manifest.mf file. My file contains the following lines:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Specification-Title: Horizon Ambulatory Care (Classes)
Specification-Vendor: McKesson
Specification-Version: 7.1.1
Implementation-Vendor: McKesson (Horizon Lab)
Implementation-Version: 7.1.1-hlab-20020307@1722-00039
Implementation-Title: Horizon Ambulatory Care (Horizon Lab)
Build-Date: 20020307@1722
Build-Number: 00039
Build-Environment: /c/pwl/projects/hac/build rhensle

And the manifest.mf file that in my .jar file contains the following:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Implementation-Version: 7.1.1-hlab-20020307@1722-00039
Specification-Title: Horizon Ambulatory Care (Classes)
Specification-Version: 7.1.1
Implementation-Title: Horizon Ambulatory Care (Horizon Lab)
Build-Date: 20020307@1722
Created-By: Ant 1.4
Build-Number: 00039
Implementation-Vendor: McKesson (Horizon Lab)
Build-Environment: /c/pwl/projects/hac/build rhensle
Specification-Vendor: McKesson

My jar task looks like the following:

        <target name="jar-classes" depends="classes-manifest">
                <delete file="${dest.dir}/${abaton.jar}" />
                <jar jarfile="${dest.dir}/${abaton.jar}"
                        basedir="${dest.dir}/classes"
                        manifest="${dest.dir}/classes-manifest"
                        />
                <delete file="${dest.dir}/classes-manifest" />
        </target>

The classes-manifest target builds the file called classes-manifest
based on a bunch of build environment variables. The final form of the
file is the first set of lines above.

When I used ant1.3, the Manifest file was not changed. When I use
ant1.4.1, the Manifest file is changed.

This does not seem like normal, or desired behavior. Where should I go
next to figure out what the problem is?

This message may appear twice. I had problems getting the first to send.

Richard Hensley